Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any size restrictions?
What type if Insurance is this?
We only offer All Risk Insurance
This is the Broadest All Risk Shipping Insurance available anywhere, subject to very few exclusions which are standard in every cargo policy and considered to be rare; such as terrorism, nuclear events, radioactive contamination, delay in transit, improper/unsuitable packaging and willful misconduct by the insured.
Goods being shipped are insured against All Risks of physical loss or damage (partial & total loss) resulting from any external cause while in transit (door to door); including extended coverage for Loading and Unloading, War, Strikes, Riots, Civil commotions, Duty, Theft and Non-delivery of any portion of the shipment (individual items and/or the entire shipment). Subject to the Standard terms and any applicable special commodity terms and deductible listed below.
Can you connect our system to yours?
Can you insure eBay and Amazon items?
Can you insure household goods?
Currently we do not. We do insure new and used items except personal household goods. If you require coverage, please contact us for that type of coverage
Can you insure Tradeshow shipments?
Do I have to sign up?
Do you charge monthly fees
Do you have minimum shipping requirements?
Do you insure all products?
Flowers, plants, fine art, cotton, fresh foods, live animals, precious stones and metals, currency, cigarettes, eggs, specie, securities and other negotiable papers, bulk products, personal goods, laptop computers, computer chips and similar memory devices, televisions and mobile phones, unless endorsed in writing. Merchandise shipped in consignment, memorandum, or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of and order or request.
Do you insure to every country?
Afghanistan, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Syria, Libya and Crimea, including any other country on which the United Nations has imposed sanctions and including trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the United Kingdom, European Union or United States of America, and any country where their local legislation decrees insurance must be effected locally, unless specifically declared and accepted by Underwriters prior to shipment.
In respect of the following countries this insurance cover will cease upon the discharge of the subject matter insured from the carrying conveyance at port/airport/border as applicable:
Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar. Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
In respect of the following countries/areas this insurance cover excludes War and Strikes cover:
Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guinea, India, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon,, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Authority, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
How can your shipping insurance rates be better than my carrier/insurance provider?
*NOTE* Some freight classes on shipments are based on valuation (cost) and you can use the lowest class to rate a shipment and insure through us to save even more!
How do I file an insurance claim?
How do I know I am insured?
How do I stop insuring with my current carriers?
How do you calculate insurance costs?
You will notice we offer a flat rate pricing to make it even easier. No need to worry about rates in the US versus rates via ocean to Europe. They pricing is still the same low rate.
What kind of insurance coverage do you have?
“All Risk” Transit Insurance is a contract between the customer and the insurance company. The coverage provided is for direct damage or damage by a third party, or damage due to an unforeseeable act (such as windstorm, flood, lightning, etc). All risk coverage is paid directly by the insurance company and is regulated by the Department of Insurance.
All risk has been described as 100% coverage from pickup to signature at delivery. With the below exceptions all underwriters have:
- Loss, damage, shortage or non-arrival of any parcel and its contents which is addressed or packed insufficiently to withstand the normal, routine and expected rigors of transit.
- Loss, damage, shortage or non-arrival of any parcel and its contents when it bears a descriptive label or packaging which describes, or alludes to, the nature of the contents. International shipments that contain customs declarations or original manufacturer packaging are NOT excluded from coverage.
- Loss, damage or shortage arising out of loss of market, delay, loss of use, clean up costs, consequential and/or incidental expenses, decay, inherent vice, or other deterioration, whether or not arising out of a peril insured against.
- War Exclusion / Atomic and Nuclear Exclusion: In no case shall this insurance cover loss, damage or expense caused by (i) War, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, or civil strife arising therefrom, or any hostile act by or against a belligerent power. (ii) Capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment by any government authority or customs officials and the consequences thereof. (iii) Derelict mines, torpedoes, bombs, or other derelict weapons of war. In no case shall this insurance cover loss, damage or expense arising from the use of any weapon of war employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter.
- Mechanical and Electrical Derangement – Loss or damage due to mechanical, electrical or electronic derangement unless there is evidence of external damage to the insured item and its packaging. Data files and installed computer programs are not covered for erasure, corruption or loss.
- AIMU Extended Radioactive Contamination Exclusion clause.
- AIMU Chemical, Biological, Bio-Chemical, Electromagnetic, and Cyber Weapons Exclusion clause.
- Used goods are not covered for scratching, denting, chipping, staining, tearing and pre-existing conditions.
What shipping companies do you insure for?
Sample of carriers we cover: USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, YRC, Roadway, Con-Way, Daylight Transport, APX, AAA Cooper, Bullet, Bullet Freight, Oak Harbor Freight Lines, Old Dominion, Roadrunner and even owner-operators!
Sample of brokers shipments we will cover: CH Robinson, JB Hunt, Landstar, UTi Worldwide, Freightquote.com, Freightcenter.com, uship.com (only verified carriers), GlobalTranz.com, Freight101.com, Harte-Hanks, Kuehne + Nagel, Ceva Logistics, AIT Worldwide and many, many more